57 degrees F outside today. Sunny with just a few clouds. This is an almost perfect Spring day. It was a bit cool, but once I started moving, it actually turned out to be the perfect temperature. That is because today I brought the Brett Jones Prep Workout #2 outside today.
My forearms and shoulders were feeling good this morning. Again, when I say good, it means not worse. I still have pain in both forearms. It just might be starting to improve, but not enough for me to be really sure just yet. At the same time, I continue to train. And as long as I don't make things worse, I'm happy.
So today I decided to bring with me two 16kg bells. We were going to change things up just a bit to accommodate being outside today. Here's what today's session looked like...
BJ#2 with Double 16kg bells
Walking Presses: 5/5
Double Swings: 10
Walking Presses: 5/5
Clean & Front Squat: 10
Walking Presses: 5/5
Windmills: 5/5
Walking Presses: 5/5
Snatches: 10/10
Walking Presses: 5/5
Rack Walk with Double 16kg
Snatches: 10/10
Rack Walk with Double 16kg
The Walking Presses were performed from the Double Rack position. With each step I pressed with the same arm.
All movements that required a Clean were performed with just a single Clean to get into position.
I substituted Windmills for Getups since I didn't want to be rolling around in the dirt.
Snatches were performed with a 3-breath hold at the top of each rep. Being outside I could really exaggerate the downswing on these. I preferred to use a straight arm coming down, turning the thumb under and really tried to hike the bell behind me. These really felt great. Maybe training in my little space indoors caused a bit of reluctance to "go for it" on each rep? Not sure. All I can say is that I am glad the warm weather is returning!
Performing this while walking took me almost across the entire length of my yard. I can see that I'll be working up to multiple laps. I considered it today, but wanted instead to do a few more Snatches.
So tomorrow I am scheduled for the BJ#3 workout. I still haven't made it to this one yet, so let's cross out fingers that my schedule works out for me. Swing 'em high y'all!
Olympic Trials (Part 2) Finally
10 years ago

2 comments:
You are rocking the program. Bet you kick everyone's a** at the RKC! At least you know the weather will be beautiful, sunny SoCal brilliance!
Thanks TOP. And yes, looking forward to sunny SoCal!!
Post a Comment