I thought I'd return to work on my current glaring weakness - the Bottom Up Clean - today. Starting my first set off with a 12kg turned out to be an ugly mess. The second time through, I opted to go lighter with the 8kg. Viola! It was a thing of beauty. =)
Of course there were a few other sets mixed in between it all. Here's what today looked like...
Bottom Up Clean: 12kg - L90sec/R9sec (6/15)
2 min rest
Snatch: 12kg - L90sec/R90sec (24/24)
2 min rest
Long Cycle Press: 12kg - L90sec/R90sec (12/12)
2 min rest
Bottom Up Clean: 8g - L90sec/R9sec (24/24)
2 min rest
Snatch: 12kg - L90sec/R90sec (24/24)
2 min rest
Long Cycle Press: 12kg - L90sec/R90sec (12/12)
18 minutes of work plus 10 minutes of rest, total session 28 minutes. Early on I totally forgot about my breathing. I will have to remember not to pick challenging movements when I am trying to focus on something specific. One should really be able to go on auto-pilot for the most part so you can focus in on your target of the day. I goofed by choosing the Bottom Up Cleans. But I'll remember next time.
That's it and that's all for today. Snatch 'em high y'all!
Olympic Trials (Part 2) Finally
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment