Only half way into my new program design and I'm backing out. I had planned to split up my Jerk and Snatch days, which I did on Monday and Tuesday of this week.
And I am happy to say I was able to hit some very good numbers!
But, then I got to thinking and I was only able to hit those numbers because of the way I have been training up until now. And that is training both Jerk and Snatch in the same session.
I was also speaking with a fellow beller the other day who was impressed with my progress. He asked me what my secret was. I didn't have an answer. No secret. Just training the lifts together and training often.
So I'm back to that. I think every so often I will break up the days and strive for a PR, but not on a regular basis. I also felt like it would have been way too long in between sessions, e.g. only Snatching every third day for my comfort.
Enough chatter, here's today's session...
Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 5 minutes @ 6 rpm
Snatch: 20kg - 5 minutes - 37L/37R (just under 15 rpm)
I was very happy with the Jerk set today. Not only did I wet my shirt but I also rubbed a bit of chalk into it. My elbows stayed in place the entire time without slipping! Because of this I was actually, for the first time, able to lock my knees while in the rack position. Wow. This alignment allowed me to really focus on re-training my breathing during these. This is going to take a while to get used to. It doesn't feel natural yet.
Once I started Snatching, my shoulders were pretty fried. I had intended to go 6 minutes, but cut it short. I am going to stop this behavior. From now on, if I plan 6 minutes, I am going to stick it out even if my pace has to dramatically slow.
No assistance work today. That's it and that's enough!
Olympic Trials (Part 2) Finally
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment