Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bells: Bars & Kettles

Nice short session today. My knees and ankles are on the mend, so I didn't want to do anything too extreme today. But just enough to keep progressing forward.

Warmup: empty bar, the usual

Snatch: 65/3, 85/3, 105/2, 115/2

Back Squat: 115/5, 135/5

Kettlebell Long Cycle: 2 x 16kg - 5 minutes @ 6 rpm

Band work for the rotators

Snatches felt good, they are landing overhead nicely, without too much of a squat. I threw in the back squats to see how my knees would feel tomorrow. My delts and rotators have been fried as of late, so looking to balance them out with some band work. No pressing for them today.

Long Cycle felt good. Not too intense today, but a good start. I need 60 reps to make Rank III. I am going to try to start working these in regularly and hopefully hit rank soon, then move up to the 20's for the November competition in NJ.

2 comments:

diego said...

hey howie.

What type of planning you using?
for mix KB and Weightlifiting

I want mix like hybrid for year-round with PL , Weightlifiting and in the GS, you can help me?

thanks

Howie B said...

Hi Diego, send me an email with some details as to what your current training cycle looks like and maybe I can offer some suggestions.
For myself, I am lucky to have a local OL coach who is helping me learn the technical side of O lifting. Because if that, I'm emphasizing that in my training these days. And I can tell you, on some days following an OL session, I'd don't want to pick up a kettlebell. So when I do, I'm usig lighter bells than I would if I were training for GS.