Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pairs Intu-Flow

My lady woke up with me this morning and we worked through the Intu-Flow Beginner Program together. Except for a few new movements, I am finding this relatively easy to maneuver through given my practice of Z-Health. This doesn't count the fact that my range of motion is affected in some areas because of my current back injury. But for now, I'll just have to take my time and shave it off.

I also think part of my continued back discomfort is stemming from how I sleep. While I am most comfortable sleeping on my stomach, I think it is creating additional stress where I am trying to alleviate things. I need to re-train myself here. At least for the short-term.

On another note, did you see the Ice Chamber video? Those Kettlebell Girls are hard core! Check them out... http://www.icechamber.com/videos/ickbgirls.html

4 comments:

hunashaman said...

Hey buddy. Great to see you and your lady flowing together. I heard somewhere (cannot recall where) that sleeping on your back is a no-no when it comes to the back (I think it was from my mom's neuro-surgeon who did her spinal surgery).

hunashaman said...

Sorry, I meant sleeping on your tummy is a no-no.

Unknown said...

Hey. I have had the exact thing happen to my quadratus.. I was doing dead lifts and I heard a pop and fell the floor. Now one leg is longer than the other. When I strech it, it doesn't hurt. But it is constantly tight. Any suggestions? I've had this problem for several months now. How long did you have yours? Thanks

Howie B said...

Hi Konrad,

Sorry to hear about your injury. Mine is along story and after almost a year we have finally figured out it wasn't my QL that was causing the problem after all. Aside from seeing a doctor, I did get a lot of relief from using a tennis ball for trigger point therapy, you might want to look into that. The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook is a good investment, check it out on Amazon.