Wednesday, July 18, 2007

RKC Program - Week 1, Day 1

Saturday, July 14th

Today I begin a 12-week kettlebell-centric program. I'll be marrying the Enter the Kettlebell program with the Naked Warrior exercises (and maybe sprinkle in a few other exercises) to see how it can continue to lean-up as well as maintain and build on my strength.

Since today is Saturday, it falls on the "Heavy" day of the program. I won't go into details of the program now, you can either refer to the Enter the Kettlebell book or ask me to explain in another blog. So here it goes:

3 Ladders - 3 rungs each
Clean & Presses (C&P) 16 kg L/R
Pullups: bodyweight
Pistols: 10 lb plate

Swings 10 minutes (roll of the dice)
2-Hand Swing (2SW) 16kg 20
2SW 24kg 15, 10, 10
1-Hand Swing (1SW) 16kg 10/10
1SW 24kg 8/8
2SW 16kg 10

Workout lasted 30 min in total, burned 392 cal, avg hr 82% of max

This was the first time picking up the 24kg bell. Felt heavy! But then again, the 16kg felt just as heavy when I lifted it for the first time two months ago. Good workout. Definitely felt wiped (but good) afterward.

No comments: