Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Tuesday, July 24th

Well after a few days of working on a continuous basis and then coming down with a cold/flu that my one-year old was nice enough to pass along, I made my way back into the gym. I totally missed my Heavy day this weekend, but since I am still not 100% I figured moving along and working the Light RKC day would be a good ramp up to full health and strength.

For Week 2, my heavy day will consist of 3 ladders of 4 rungs each. Therefore today consisted of 3 ladders of 2 rungs each. For swings/snatches, I decided to forego the snatches as my left elbow is still a bit sore. I'm going to stick with swings until it's feeling strong again. I stuck with the 16kg kb for the entire workout.

Warmup
2SW 20
1SW 10/10

Ladders - I superset the C&P with Pistols and Weighted Pullups all with the 16kg
C&P L/R 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2
Pistols L/R 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2
Pullups 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2

Swings - 7 minutes
2SW 30
1SW L/R 20/20, 15/15

100 swings in 7 minutes comes down to 14 swings/minute. I'm not sure how well this swing rate correlates to things just yet. Particularly since I'm starting to mix the 24kg kb into things now in other workouts. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'll keep measuring in the meantime.

After swings, went on to Stretch. Back is feeling pretty loose and working once again toward my splits. It's been a long time since I've done a split, probably over 10 years now, but it's nice to see that even now I'm not too far away from them.

That's it for today. Now it's back to work....

3 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Solid training plan. Well done!

Franz Snideman said...

how about some updates??

:)

Franz Snideman said...

how about some updates??

:)