Monday, May 17, 2010

PRs as Far as the Eye Can See

Given my current training methodology, as long as I continue to progress in reps and bell size, I can expect personal records (PRs) to be made on a regular basis. The key for me is to not rush things and to stay healthy without injury. Today was a good example of the benefits that I'm seeing from my steady, consistent training.

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 6 minutes, 58 reps

Jump Rope: 5 rounds of 2 min on / 1 min off

Snatch: 20kg - 5 minutes

Swing: 24kg

I've been training my jerks in 5 minute sets for a while now, usually hitting 50 reps in that time. Today I decided to stretch it out a bit longer and made 58 reps. This felt good!

3 comments:

Alex said...

That is a nice pace Howie, excellent work. 8rpm is still my limit.

Howie B said...

Thanks Alex. Is Catherine your coach? If so, I am sure you will be passing me by very soon! =)

Alex said...

I have been working with Catherine since Jan 1 this year. I had a rough month adjusting to 20kg snatch but am back to making progress with it again. I try not to let her push me too hard lol.