Monday, May 18, 2009

Focus on Quality

After digesting some of the suggestions I received from this weekend's video post, I decided today to focus on quality instead of quantity. Here's today's session:

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 4-1/2 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 4 minutes @ 16 rpm

The Jerks were going well all along but then at the 4-1/2 minute mark my brain seemed to cross some wires and I lost my first bump. It was really weird. So I stopped the set.

On my Snatches, I was very focused on coordinating my leg drive with timing the bump of the bell upward. I want to be sure I'm launching the bell with my legs and not swinging it upward. I was also focusing on not over-rotating my left hand at the top of the Snatch.

Lots of things were being thought about during today's session. Maybe I was thinking a little too much. But from time to time, you need to do it. Tomorrow morning, I see the back doctor!

No comments: