Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Simple Jerk/Snatch Day

I woke up early today feeling pretty good. As a matter of fact, by yesterday evening, the neck and back spasms I was having had disappeared. And I didn't even have to resort to taking an Advil! Anyway, this morning I treated myself to a Z-Health R-Phase (with I-Phase cervical and thoracic spine thrown in) session.

This afternoon's session went simply...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 5 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 6 minutes @ 12 rpm

Cooled down with compensatory movements, stretching (started revisiting splits!) and other miscellaneous movements.

If my next Jerk workout goes as well as today's I'll be pushing into 6 minutes. I would have today, but I was intent on getting at least 6 minutes of Snatching in. Without having a lot of time to rest between sets, my Snatch form deteriorates quickly, as it did today with only 6 minutes rest in between sets. I am happy that I am now consistent with my 5 minute Jerk sets.

I'm also going to try to start eating more. I'm finding that with volume of my current sets I'm now starting to feel a bit fatigued in general. Maybe more calories with help.

That's it for today. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get in a Long Cycle session.

No comments: