Tuesday, October 6, 2009

WTH Kinda Day

Today was a tough day to get my body moving again. After a long, extended weekend without training, I went into today's session just trying to punch the clock. Surprise to me, it turned out to be a WTH kinda day!

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 7 minutes @ 8 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 6 minutes @ 14 rpm

Jerk set turned out to be a PR and only two reps away for what I need for Rank II. Where the hell did this come from?!?!? I had planned for a six minute set. As the sixth minute was coming to a close part of me wanted to throw the bells down, but another part told me to go on. And I did. I surprised myself today. Feels good!

Snatches on the other hand were very tough. My bruised finger is healed so that's not an issue. Hands are holding up well. It's a combination of conditioning and local muscular endurance with these. Funny how my snatches were always leading my jerks but now it's turned around a bit. I need to focus on these hard the next week. I need eight minutes at this same pace for rank. Is definitely doable. I just want to be more comfortable when the time comes.

No comments: