Thursday, February 4, 2010

Some Jerks and Some Other Fun Stuff

Jerks were on the schedule for today. I am moving up to the 20kg bells now for a bit. Here's the skinny....


Jerk: 2 x 20kg -
3 minutes @ 8 rpm
1 minute @ 10 rpm followed by one minute rest - 3 rounds of this

Swing: 20kg - 15/15

Jump Rope: 2-1/2 minute on / 90 seconds off for 4 rounds

L-Sit - Tuck: 15 second holds on the minute for 4 rounds

Bodyweight Dips: 5 reps for 3 sets

Bodyweight Pistols: 2/2, 3/3, 3/3

That's it and that was enough.

I was hoping to work a longer set of jerks but because I was wearing my Under Armour, long sleeve shirt under my t-shirt, it was next to impossible to keep my elbows from sliding out of the rack. So I decided to compensate for the extra sets after the longer set. Added an extra set of L-Sits today as well since the 15 second sets are starting to get easy. I'll work up to 5 sets of these before increasing my hold time. Through in the Dips and Pistols for added fun!

No comments: