Friday, August 6, 2010

Eye Opener

Back to the gym today after a two day layoff. I played with the barbell and the kettlebells today.

I have to admit, I thought my wrists were in pretty good shape from training with the kettlebells, but after a few 'light' sets of the Olympic lifts with a barbell, my wrists were shot! I also need to start keeping better notes when I'm training these lifts. There's more activity now and I can't wait until the end to jot it all down like I can do with the kettlebells.

So what did today consist of?

Olympic Lifts
Power Clean - 45/5, 65/5, 95/5 (lbs/reps)

Power Snatch - 45/5, 65/3, 95/2

Push Press - 95/5, 65/5

Power Jerk - 65/5

Overhead Squat - 65/5, 65/5

Kettlebells
Long Cycle: 2 x 16kg - 6 minutes @ 6 rpm


I'm really looking forward to the USAW weekend. Right now, I'm training based on what I've read and what I've watched in video. I solid weekend of instruction will be a good thing. Only two weeks away.

No comments: