Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Learning the Olympic Lifts

Less than two weeks until I attend the USAW Level 1 Certification, so I'm trying to get some time under the bar these days. I'm training with a standard set of olympic weights, so there is no dropping or bouncing of the weights after my reps.

After Friday's session, I awoke on Saturday morning with some real good muscle soreness all around my rib cage and back. It was intense! So today's session was on par with Friday's. Still focusing on just getting comfortable. After the certification, I'll get serious. =)

So today consisted of... (lbs/reps)

Power Clean: 45/5, 65/5, 95/3, 115/1

Power Snatch: 45/5, 65/3, 95/1, 95/1, 95/1

Push Press: 65/5, 95/5

Power Jerk: 95/1

Front Squat: 95/5, 115/5


I had intended to include some kettlebell snatches at the end of this, but my wrists and elbows were feeling the effects of the barbell, so I chose to leave it be. All in all, things are starting to feel ok.

No comments: