Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It Wasn't a Fluke

Today's session was an experiment of sorts. Thinking about yesterday's outing, I came to think that I might have been spending too much time resting in the overhead position with my jerks. That could have been a major factor for my fatigued shoulders during my snatch set. So today, I wanted to give it another go, trying to rest more in the rack. Here's the result...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 5 minutes @ 8 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 6 minutes @ 14 rpm

Swing: 28kg - 10 / 10

Treadmill: 20 minutes, walk/light run, 1:1 ratio

So the jerk set was a bit more difficult than yesterday. Mostly because yesterday's session came off the weekend of rest. But the snatch set was MUCH better fatigue-wise. My cardio was taxed more today than yesterday, but my pace was up from yesterday as well. Good call, I say! I'm liking what I'm seeing!

1 comment:

Boris T said...

Glad to hear you're seeing improvements. See you in NYC. :)