Monday, March 8, 2010

Nice Jerk Set

So I've returned to training jerks and snatches in the same session. My goal today was to start stretching out my jerk sets again. To do that, I decided to slow down my pace today to see how a five minute set felt. Here's the skinny...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 5 minutes @ 8 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 6 minutes @ 14/12/12 - 14/12/12

Swing: 28kg - 10 / 10

Jump Rope: 5 rounds of 2 minutes on / 30 seconds off

The jerk set felt REALLY GOOD! I could have stretched it to six minutes, but that wasn't the plan. I'm going to build this back up nice and steady.

Now the snatches were another story. I forgot how fatigued my shoulders get following my jerk set. And with only a few minutes rest in between, these can get pretty ugly. They felt ugly today. I think I'm going to have an easier time building up my jerks now and will need to pay extra attention to my snatches.

Swings felt really good today too! Last week they just felt off. Today, nice and smooth and comfortable. I'll take it when I can get it! That's it for today!

No comments: