Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ballistics & Grinds

Started watching Brett Jones' and Michael Castrogiovanni's Kettlebell Basics for Strength Coaches and Personal Trainers last night. I'm only about half way through the first of the two DVD's and am pretty happy with the content. It will probably not be until the weekend until I get through everything but in the meantime I'll savor every bit.

Woke up a bit late today. Still suffering from this incessant cough. Took some Nyquil last night which helped me sleep without too many coughing fits. I returned to my Mon/Wed/Fri routine this week since I need some extra rest until I get over this illness. My plan is still to increase to Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri.

Today looked a little something like this:

2-Hand Swings: 16kg - 30, 24kg - 20, 32kg - 10

Turkish Getups: 16kg - 3/3, 24kg - 2/2

Military Press: 16kg - 5/5
Clean & Press: 24kg - 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 3/3
(My last set was a 4 rep attempt, but my left arm wouldn't hear of it, so I finished off with another set of 3. This is when I looked at the clock and realized that I wouldn't have time to perform any more ladders if I still wanted to get some swings in, so I decided to move on from here.)

1-Hand Swing & Clean Combo: 24kg - 5/5 for 5 sets

Here I performed a single 1-handed swing followed by a clean with the same arm, this made up 1 rep. Therefore 1 set of 5/5 consisted in total of 5 swings left, 5 cleans left, 5 swings right and 5 cleans right.

That was it. Gotta go!

No comments: