Monday, January 21, 2008

Mostly Grinds

With the office closed today, I had the opportunity to workout a little bit later in the morning than usual. And am still pretty sore from Saturday's workout. The Double Clean/Squat/Press sets coupled with Snatching on the minute left me hurtin'. My traps, hamstrings, abductors and hands are still feeling it. And since I still have this nagging cough (I think today makes two weeks) I decided to go just a little easier today and focus on some grinding movements (also because tomorrow will be more Snatching for time).

Warmed up with 2-Hand Swings: 16kg - 20, 24kg - 10, 32kg - 10

Double Windmill: 16kg - 5/5

Clean & Press: 24kg - 2 Ladders of 4 Rungs each

Left side press is definitely my weaker side. Once I got warmed up on these, the groove felt pretty good overall.

Then finished off with some heavy swings. My left hand grip wasn't there for the 1-Hand Swings although I toughed it for three sets, then finished off one more set with 2-Hand Swings.

1-Hand Swings: 32kg - 5/5 for 3 sets

2-Hand Swings: 32kg - 20

Tomorrow morning we work 24kg Snatches.

2 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

Howie, that's a really good workout. The press ladder is very respectable, and swinging 32 with one hand is beyond the call of duty for most.

My recommendation is to continue to push your limits with regard to weight. Bigger bells have psychological limitations attached to them. So use them more and reduce that limitation. When 32 feels normal and 24 feels light, you'll be a strong MOFO.

Howie B said...

Thanks man. And I agree. The envision swinging the bulldog before year end.