Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend Kettlebells

Got home early from the office on Friday and had planned to do some swings since I didn't get to the gym. Unfortunately, activities go the best of me, one of which was reorganizing the exercise room in the house! Once I got the place in order so that we could effectively use it again, I did squeeze in a few swings, 2-hand and 1-hand, but didn't do enough worth writing down.

Saturday morning I woke up with a very sore left rotator cuff. I'm going to have to keep a real close eye on it, keep working it smart and not overdo anything.

Sunday was a beautiful day!! I got outside just after noon, found a shaded spot in the yard and decided to have some fun with the bell. Mixing it up a bit today, I did the following:

2HS: 15, 15, 15
1HS: 10/10, 10/10
DARC: 5/5/5/5 (I forget what DARC stands for exactly, but (I believe) these are one hand swings where you change hands at the top of a swing to keep the reps going - or at least that's what I performed here. 5 reps right hand, mini swing to switch to left hand, 5 reps, back to right hand, 5 reps, and switch once more to left for 5 more)
Figure 8: performed Figure 8 between my legs, heard this works the core well, didn't really count the reps here, but it sure kept the heart rate and sweat going
Cleans: 5/5
Snatches: 5/5, 5/5 (did these with a reverse press on the negative)
Cleans: 5/5
DARC: 5/5/5/5/5/5 (3 sets each side, got heart rate up to 99% max!!), 5/5/5/5
Figure 8: 20 hand passes in one direction X 2

26 min, over 300 cal (lost my readings in watch!! dangit)

No comments: