Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday Morning Kettlebells

What a beautiful morning to swing some kettlebells in the great outdoors! Building onto my first workout, I kept today's session again pretty short. Particularly since I was feeling nausea after that first one. I switched things around a little bit, used the first few sets as warmup (2-arm swings), then moved onto some one-arm sets (before my shoulders tired) then finished off with some more 2-arm swings. The shoulders held up really well today, now that I am learning how to anchor them down and really use my body to move the bell. It's amazing how quickly my body was able to adapt and adjust to these. The 2-hand swings are feeling really good. Could probably move right up to a bigger bell with these. But rather than move too quickly, I'll opt to just do a few more sets and a few more reps. But I can see myself ordering the 2 pood (24 kg) bell in the not too distant future. The 16kg seems to be a very good weight right now for the 1-arm swings. I'll see tomorrow how the shoulder joints feel. I don't expect any problems just from the way I feel now. Definitely felt some work in my forearms today, as well as some residual soreness in the abs from Thurday's session. So here is today's routine:
2-Hand Swings (2HW): 15, 15, 15
1HW: 10/10, 10/10, 10/10 (right/left)
1H Cleans (1HC): 5/5, 5/5
2HS: 15, 15, 15

20 min, 247 cal, 78% avg hr

Now we can rest!

No comments: