Thursday, September 27, 2007

Chalk This Up to Week One

Well I did it. Week one of early rising and getting in my kettlebell workouts has been accomplished! I actually thought this would be much harder than it was. But I think my excitement at being able to go through a full kb workout each day without interruption or emergent crises (during the work day) helped fuel my motivation and assisted me in getting out of bed each morning.

So four consecutive days are now under my belt. I had two Swing Days and two Variety Days. Tomorrow will be a day off and Saturday will be another Swing Day (and the Heavy Day of the week). This really feels good though. Getting this workout under my belt has also seemed to help me with my road rage in the mornings. Knowing that I have done what I need to do for me for the day, allows me to take my time getting into the office. No thinking about getting in early enough to justify my 'sneaking out' to the gym at lunch. The psychology of it all is amazing. My wife seems to enjoy it as well, as my early rising lets me empty the dishwasher for her before she even gets out of bed! hahah

So today was Variety Day, here's what I dished up:

Warmup with 8kg some swings and halos

16kg TGU for 5 minutes

16kg Tactical Lunge - 5/5, 5/5

8kg Pistols - 3/3

OAP - 1/1, 1/1, 1/1

Pullups - 5

8kg Hot Potato - 20, 20

Amazingly, I started out the week with a lot of pain in my rotator cuffs. Sleeping was a bit uncomfortable as I like to have an arm under the pillow while I sleep. But I noticed yesterday that the last few nights have been pain-free. Could one week of this type of workout make such a difference? I sure hope so. Let's see how it goes long-term. I think that's it for today. Next post over the weekend!

No comments: