Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Now We're Rolling

Day 3 of Week 1 - was again (sometimes I amaze myself) able to get my butt out of bed at 5:40am to get in my Early Bird Workout. I got to bed around 10:30pm and was pretty tired yesterday, so I had my doubts about this morning. But I've learned that as long as I mentally prepare myself throughout the prior day, I can pretty much do what I plan. I have learned that if I only decide at the time I'm actually going to bed that my intent doesn't 'stick' as well. It's much easier for me to sleep through the snooze. But by visualizing waking up early and performing my next workout throughout the day before, I create a much stronger self-motivation, which seems to work for me.

Today was Push/Pull Day according to Enter the Kettlebell. Next week I will probably start the actual program with ladders and cycling of intensity. This week is break-in week. And so far so good. Tomorrow will be my second Variety Day and Friday will be my day off! So here goes...

Warmup with 8kg some 2SW, Halos and Cleans (I'm still working on the form of my Cleans, much better than before though)

16kg 2SW - 30

16kg C&P - 1, 2, 3 (only performed one ladder today)
16 kg Cleans - 3/3

Pullups - 3, 3

16kg 1SW - 20/20

16kg SN - 10/10, 10/10

I decided it was time to throw in some snatches. They felt pretty good. I'll have to wait and see how my shoulders feel later on. I'm also holding back on working with the 24kg bell until I'm sure my shoulder is strengthened enough to handle it.

OK, time to get cleaned up and head to the office!

No comments: