Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday Swings

Now I've officially completed my first week on my new schedule with my 'new' routine. Since 'discovering' how to correctly clean the kettlebell a few days ago, I feel great performing the Clean & Press and continue to be excited about moving forward with these.

Started out today warming up with the 8kg. This was the kb we bought for my wife to use. I started out with the 16kg. I like the way it feels warming up with the smaller bell. I feels good, is less jarring particularly when your body isn't exactly awake yet and gets things moving nicely. I think I might be investing in a 12kg to give me something just a bit heavier, while still being lighter than the 16. So the warmup was about 40 2SW and some Halos. Then performed some Halos with the 16kg.

On to the WO:
16kg C&P - 1/1, 2/2, 3/3
Only performed one ladder today, still easing in to things.

16kg 2SW - 30
16kg 1SW - 20/20
20/20
15/15
10/10

BW Pullups - 3, 3

Left shoulder started feeling a bit tired at the end. I actually started another set of the 1SW, but didn't feel strong in the joint so I ended the workout there. But all in all, after this week, I feel GREAT!! And looking forward to starting again on Monday.

In the meantime, enjoy the weekend. We're expected a beautiful one here in NY. Around 70 degrees each day and sunny. Beautiful early fall weather!

No comments: