Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 2 - Early Bird Workout

Tuesday, Sept 25

Woke up at 5:40am again today. I'm trying to get into the habit of waking up extra early in the mornings to squeeze in my workout before work. And since I have an hour commute, I need to be sure to get my butt out of bed extra early. Until we put the clocks back to standard time, it's now dark out when I wake up. Not too bad, but makes you realize the summer is just about behind us.

Today was scheduled to be my Variety Day. I'm now switching back to the Enter the Kettlebell workout plan - although this week is "ease back into things" week, so I'm not really counting reps yet and going extra easy. Not only to allow my muscles to acclimate, but also my mind, so as to get used to waking early and moving early before eating.

Being an extra easy Variety Day, we accomplished the following:

Warmup with some 8kg 2-hand swings and halos, followed by 16kg 2-hand swings halos.

TGU 16kg for 5 minutes, alternating arms

Tactical Lunges 16kg, 2 sets

Hot Potato 8kg, 2 sets

That was it for this morning. Felt good afterward. Tomorrow we return to some Clean & Presses and Swings.

1 comment:

Lauren Brooks said...

Looks like a great "ease back" in to the workout day. I am sure you felt great. It's always nice to get that workout over and done with before work.