Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mixing It Up

Switched things up a bit today. I could feel the effects of my 200 swing effort yesterday. Legs were tired and my traps were shredded. So today I decided to warm up with a few swings but that was the extend of them in my workout.

2-Hand Swings: 16kg - 20, 24kg - 15, 32kg - 10

Getups: 16kg - 6/6

3-Movement Circuit...
Pushups between blocks - 10, 10, 10
L-Sit between blocks - 10 count, 10 count, 10 count
Double Cleans: 16kg - 10, 10, 10

Palm Press: 12kg - 5/5, 16kg - 5/5, 5/5

Finished off with some forearm work.

This Sunday is Steve Freides second workshop. Things at the moment look like I just might be able to attend. We were ready to admit my little guy into the hospital for a video EEG last week, but during the time it took to get pre-clearance from our insurance company and time for a bed to open up, the seizures we were seeing pretty much stopped. So at this point, we are now in 'watch and wait' mode. If he continues to do well, no need for a hospital visit. I'll be praying.

That's it for today. Not sure if tomorrow is a rest day or a workout day. I guess only time will tell. Swing 'em high everyone! (And why doesn't Blogger's spell check work anymore????)

1 comment:

fawn said...

I cannot stress how much it helped me to train with Andrea DuCane before I went to the RKC. There is so much to learn, if you already have a handle on the basics it will give you an opportunity to really nail down the details. I am always dumbfounded when I meet people who go it alone when there are excellent teachers in there area. I am looking forward to assisting just to learn it all again.

Hope your little guy continues stabilize. That is a tough one. I will send some warm thoughts your way.