Monday, August 24, 2009

An Easy Day

OK, I'm back at it once again! I'm back to work today. I now have to adjust for being up during the night for feeding the baby. Last night I was up at 2:45am, back to sleep at 3:30, then the alarm went off at 5:00. Not too bad. Lots of coffee certainly helps.

Being off last week I didn't want to hit it too hard today, so I stuck with a light schedule.

Jerk: 2 x 16kg - 5 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch: 16kg - 6 minutes @ 16 rpm

I have to say, I am amazed at how differently jerks are feeling for me as of late. I can actually say that as far as jerks go, this set felt easy. My rack feels more comfortable and the jerks themselves are feeling tight and crisp. I think when I started focusing on being violent (aggressive) off of the first dip, I tightened up the movement and am now trying to get under the bells faster rather than trying to press them upward. What's the most interesting is how quickly it occurred as if someone flipped a switch. It's a very cool feeling!

Tomorrow, assuming I am not totally sleepless tonight, I will push the jerks further.

No comments: