Friday, August 28, 2009

The Sweet Spot

Feeling ok today. Have been up since about 4am so was running a little low on gas this afternoon.I wanted to put my snatch refinements to the test today, so stuck with a basic jerk set before my snatches.

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 5 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 6 minutes @ 12 rpm

Jerks felt ok even though I was tired. I was very pleased with my snatches! Both hands still had relatively fresh tears on them so this was meant to be a real test of technique. Only toward the end of each arm's time did I start to feel my palms starting to grab a bit, and this I attribute to the fatigue. My left hand fared better than my right. I took off just a bit more skin on the right hand, at the same spot that I tore earlier in the week, and none on the left hand. And on more than one occasion, I felt like I hit the sweet spot on the drop! It was a nice feeling. So this will now be something that I will continue to improve and strive toward.
__________________

No comments: