Monday, August 17, 2009

Taking the 20kg's Out for a Ride

No training over the weekend. Baby has been keeping us BUSY!

Even though I had very little sleep last night and today is probably the hottest day of the year here in NY, I decided to give the 20kg bells a ride today.

It's literally been months since I picked these guys up. I haven't totally dropped the 16kg bells yet, but want to start introducing the 20's in slowly until I hear back on my Rank III attempt.

Today's observation: the 20kg bells are heavier than the 16kg bells!

None the less, had a good outing...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 5 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 6 minutes @ 12rpm

My grip started to leave me toward the end of each minute during my snatches. But I was able to hold on and no tears!

This jerk set was one rep shy of my earlier PR with the 20kg bells. I have a feeling it won't be a hard PR to break.

No comments: