Thursday, August 27, 2009

PR Territory & Snatch Diagnostics

My wife did me a solid last night and let me catch up on some sleep. (Tonight I have to reciprocate.) So I was feeling pretty good for today's outing.I was intent on working my jerks with the 20kg's but wanted to take a step back on my snatches to try to determine what in my technique needed to be adjusted to help from having the bell catch my palms instead of my fingers.

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 6 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch: 8kg - 4 minutes @ 16 rpm

Snatch: 12kg - 4 minutes @ 16 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 2 minutes @ 14 rpm

My jerks are feeling pretty good. This was a PR. As I start making progress with these 20kg bells, each step forward is going to be a PR. This is all new territory for me. Exciting, huh?!!

I could have stretched this set out another minute, but then I thought, "what's the rush?". So rather than be too sore tomorrow, I ended at 6 minutes and will save the first 7 minute outing for another day.

I think my snatch diagnostics went well also. It appeared that I was dropping the bell away from my body somewhat which was causing me to grab onto it harder than necessary hence catching my palm on the down swing. Like I said, I think this causing the tears. Now I'll just have to focus on this change in future sessions. We'll see. It's all good!

No comments: