Monday, August 31, 2009

A Push From My Friends

After reading all the posts and watching the videos from my friends who competed at the World Kettlebell Lifting Championships this past weekend, I received a push from them that inspired me to hit the bells hard today. This workout is dedicated to each of you!

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 7 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 6 minutes @ 14 rpm

My jerk mentality is now "get to the 5 minute mark, and then hang on for another minute, a few more times". Seems to be working!

My hands held up incredibly well today too, no problems! I guess my technique tweak helped.

Rank II is now in my sights....

4 comments:

hunashaman said...

Wow, you really are rocking! Your progress is inspiring buddy. Keep it up!

Howie B said...

Thanks my friend. I sometimes even surprise myself! =)

I usually push on one lift and ease back on the other during a session. Today I was pushing both. Not sure what to expect for tomorrow now.

What do you think, Rank II by the end of September?

hunashaman said...

The way you are going now it might be Master of Sports by the end of September. Yea, I think rank 2 is very much a possibility within a few weeks.

Howie B said...

I'm expecting that once I make my way to the 24kg bells things will start to slow down progress wise. But then again, you never know!