Tuesday, August 25, 2009

World Kettlebell Club Rank III Achieved!

I was informed today that I have officially achieved Rank III with the World Kettlebell Club.

What that means is, for me specifically with my body weight falling into the 75kg category, I needed to complete, using 16kg bells, a minimum of 58 jerks and 100 snatches (50 left & 50 right) each in under 10 minutes without putting the kettlebells down. I'll be posting the videos that were submitted to YouTube later this week.

For today's session, I decided to swap out the 16kg bells with 20kg bells. Here's today's workout...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 5 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 6 minutes @ 14 rpm

That's it and that's all!

2 comments:

Nikki Shlosser said...

Congratulations, Howie!

hunashaman said...

Yeeeeaaa! Good for you buddy. Congratulations on this achievement. I'm particularly happy for you given the difficulties with your training due to the back issue. Really well done!!!