Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Assistance Work for the Mind

Today was my first day back to training this week. I wanted to start off with a long 8 minute jerk set today. I was successful, but not completely happy.

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 8 minutes @ 8 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 6 minutes @ 12 rpm

Jump Rope: 5 rounds of 2 min on / 1 min off

Swing: 28kg - 10/10

The reason I'm not completely happy is because at the end of the eighth minute I could have physically cranked out a ninth minute, but mentally I wasn't prepared for it, so I ended the set where I had originally planned. I am happy because at my current body weight I need 63 jerks to make Rank II, and now I've exceeded that number with more still in the tank. But when you get that close to an even greater result and don't go for it, it can be a bit of a downer. That's ok. I'll be hitting 10 minutes at this pace very soon. Very soon!

No comments: