Tuesday, June 1, 2010

After the Holiday Weekend

After three days off from training I wanted to ease back into things. Funny how things happen...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 6 minutes @ 10 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 6 minutes @ 12 rpm

Jump Rope: 5 rounds of 2 minutes on / 1 minute off

As I hit my fifth minute in jerks, I was feeling good enough to add on the next minute at the same pace. I had to take about a 10 minute rest in between sets, but was able to hit my 6 minutes for snatches. Following the jump rope, I was wrung out like a wet towel.

4 comments:

hunashaman said...

So much for taking things easy. Good work!

Alex said...

That's some nice volume there Howie. What is your weight class right now? I am currently in 75kg.

Howie B said...

Thanks guys. Alex, right now I'm at 169 lbs. Four pounds over the 75 kg class. But my weight is coming down slowly without my trying. So I might be back in the 75 kg class by the time I get my snatch numbers where they need to be for ranking. I was in the 75 kg class last year when I made rank III.

Boris T said...

Good volume Howie, keep it up.