Tuesday, June 1, 2010

After the Holiday Weekend

After three days off from training I wanted to ease back into things. Funny how things happen...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 6 minutes @ 10 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 6 minutes @ 12 rpm

Jump Rope: 5 rounds of 2 minutes on / 1 minute off

As I hit my fifth minute in jerks, I was feeling good enough to add on the next minute at the same pace. I had to take about a 10 minute rest in between sets, but was able to hit my 6 minutes for snatches. Following the jump rope, I was wrung out like a wet towel.

4 comments:

hunashaman said...

So much for taking things easy. Good work!

Alex said...

That's some nice volume there Howie. What is your weight class right now? I am currently in 75kg.

Howie Brewer said...

Thanks guys. Alex, right now I'm at 169 lbs. Four pounds over the 75 kg class. But my weight is coming down slowly without my trying. So I might be back in the 75 kg class by the time I get my snatch numbers where they need to be for ranking. I was in the 75 kg class last year when I made rank III.

Boris Terzic said...

Good volume Howie, keep it up.