Friday, October 10, 2008

Frustrations Continue

Ugh.  It now seems that I'm caught in this endless loop of "no pain-pain".  As my back starts to feel better, I find myself sleeping more on my stomach which leads me to be in pain again.  Only when I am in pain, am I able to sleep on my side consistently.  Once I start feeling better, rolling onto my stomach doesn't wake me immediately, until I wake up aching.

I have decided to see a DC, doctor of chiropractic.  It is obvious to me that I need some specific spine work.  The little bit of spine mobilization that we did on Monday evening in therapy, has been something of an awakening for my back.  All of a sudden I am aware of the movement of that portion of my spine.  It's actually kind of weird since I am not used to feeling it mobile like that.  Don't get me wrong, I like it!  Just little things, for example if I reach for something in front of me but slightly off to the side, wow, I can feel my spine moving!  Then I wonder if that's how most people feel.

Anyway, this morning was all therapy-specific exercises and Intu-Flow Beginner.  I found a DC's office right near work, so I'm hoping to land a quick appointment and get myself in there soon.  Only about 3 physical therapy sessions left before I would have to return to my MD for a continuation of that treatment.  What to do?

3 comments:

Nikki Shlosser said...

Ugh, best of luck, Howie.

BJ Bliffert said...

Howie, what's your psoas flexibility like?

Howie Brewer said...

Hi BJ, hip flexors were as tight as piano strings when I first started physical therapy. Since, I have been religiously stretching them and they are now improved. They were definitely part of the problem as it developed.