Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Smidgen of Improvement

The last two nights of sleep have given me hope that maybe things are moving forward again (or perhaps backward to the point before pain, life really is a circle you know) as I woke up several times during the night to find myself on my stomach but without any aching in my back. (Maybe that first chiro visit helped??)

I warmed up this morning with IntuFlow Beginner. As soon as I hit the Hips portion I start to become aware of the pain in my back. I try not to go past a "3" on a pain scale of 1 to 10. But even so, by the end of the program I've got some unwelcome warmth pulsing in my back.

Without worrying about numbers of reps, but trying to make sure my form was perfect here is what today's workout looked like...

Swing: 8kg - 10R/10L

1-Arm Clean: 8kg - 2 min Left/2 min Right

Jerk: 2x8kg - 2 min

My back definitely felt tight and I could now sense the tremendous difference between racking the bell on my left side versus my right. Left side feels like I'm waaaaay reaching for my hip, while my right rack is nice, comfortable and close. Amazing how I never noticed this before.

Now the big test will be to see how I feel in the morning. Keep swing y'all!

No comments: