Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Sunday of the New Year

Even though I wake up with a particularly tight back in the morning, I usually feel pretty good as the day goes on. Today was no different, so I decided to make it a Jerk Day.

Early this morning I practiced the Intermediate Intu-Flow program along with a few of my Muscular Retraining exercises.

This afternoon consisted of the following...

Swing: 12kg - 20/20

Jerk:

2 x 12kg - 6 minutes @ 6 rpm

2 x 16kg - 2 minutes @ 6 rpm

1-Arm Long Cycle: 20kg - 4 minutes @ 8 rpm (switching hands each minute)

Cooled down with Kettlebell Foundation Compensatory Movements.

It's been a while since I've done any real work with bigger bells and my hands could feel the difference using the 20kg. My plan is to slowly add in the bigger bells for the sake of my back. At the same time, it should help my hands acclimate as well. So far, so good! Jerk 'em up y'all!

4 comments:

hunashaman said...

Good work today buddy. You are definitely on track now to make the WKC numbers. Those bigger bells do make a difference, don't they?

Franklin said...

Happy New Year! Looks like re-hab has really taken off .. great job!

Howie B said...

Hey Franklin, how's the O-lifting going? The rehab is still a very closely controlled feedback loop. But yes, things are looking up! Good to hear from you. Happy New Year!

Franklin said...

Unlike the very rapid progress I made with hard-style kettlebell training, Oly lifts are much more demanding and my progress is very modest at best. Although the volume is much lower, the intensity is much greater and more recovery is needed between sessions.

My coaches say it will take a year before I get my form to the point where I may start to progress with heavier weights.