Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year Snatches

Happy 2009 Everyone!

I am greatly looking forward to 2009 being a great year filled with happiness, love and continued progress down the road of health, strength and longevity.

I saw a news article yesterday with the title something like, "World in Fear Looks Forward to New Year". The article was referring to the world's fear regarding the economic environment. I found this to be preposterous. When I wake up in the morning, I am grateful to have my health and my family and friends around me. No matter how the economic world behaves, the sun is always going to come up the next morning. Enjoy the sun. Feel it's warmth. Enjoy the air. These are all still free! Enjoy the warmth and softness of a hug. (These are usually free.)

At the same time, we can also appreciate the feeling of a steel ball in your hand as you swing it, jerk it, press it and snatch it! Enjoy the exertion. Enjoy the feeling of strength as you hoist that thing into the air. Enjoy the feeling of your heart pumping and your lungs expanding and the sweat running down your forehead. These are all good too!

So to start off the new year right, I decided to push myself a little bit today with the introduction of some 20kg Snatches. Here's what the session looked like...

Swing: 12kg - 15/15; 16kg - 15/15

Snatch:
12kg - 6 minutes @ 14 rpm (84 total)
16kg - 2 minutes @ 12 rpm (24 total)
20kg - 2 minutes @ 12 rpm (24 total)

Warmed down with a selection of compensatory movements.

That's it for today. Happy New Year!

No comments: