Saturday, January 24, 2009

One Mystery Solved & Jerk Progression

Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to have my new 15 lb. clubbells delivered to my office. Surprised because I had not received a shipping notice and was therefore not expecting them. Well, let me tell you, these things feel HEAVY! Understanding that I will need to grow into these, but still having to demonstrate briefly to my excited friends and coworkers, I showed a few side swipes and hammer swings with just one of the clubs.

Waking up this morning, the answer to one of my questions hit my like a dump truck. My back was sore!! So part of my troubles had been the mini clubbells I was using as part of the Xtension program. My back is obviously my weakest link right now and apparently the lateral movements are not something I can handle at the moment. I'll have to figure out a way to gradually strengthen this area.

Anyway, not wanting to add too much stress to this today, I decided to remain upright in today's session and worked my Jerk Progression. Here's how it looked:

Press: 16kg - 3 minutes @ 12 rpm

Push Press: 16kg - 3 minutes @ 16 rpm

1-Arm Jerk: 16kg - 3 minutes @ 16 rpm

Took 2 minute break in between sets. Cooled down with a few compensatory movements. Tomorrow I will try to video of few of these and post. That's it for today!

No comments: