Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Changing It Up A Bit

This morning I decided to change it up a bit with an Intu Flow warm up, followed by an Xtension Clubbell mini session.

I feel some different tightness in various parts of my back and pelvis from the past few days of higher intensity bell work.  Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.  It's different.  I'm hoping it's my body re-learning how it should be moving and handling weight.  I hope I'm right.  In the meantime, I just need to do everything I can to help it along.  

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good these days.  I think back to last December when I was starting to prepare for the RKC Cert.  I was in a different kind of pain.  My forearms were shot.  I recall that any type of pressing was terribly painful.  And I was forced to palm press my lighter bells.  This year it's a different story.  Live and learn.  Just keep moving forward.  And have fun!

Anyway, this morning was a blend of Beginner and Intermediate Intu Flow.

Followed up with my mini clubbells performing:
Side Swipe
Hammer Swing
Split Swipe
Alternating Mill
Alternating Back Stroke

It's amazing how even with the mini clubbells these few movements get your warmed up to a light perspiration.  And I'm only performing one small set of each right now.  The Hammer Swing is something I need to take slowly.  If you perform it correctly, it is a GREAT movement to open up the thoracic spine.  Unfortunately, the first time I performed it, I felt like a pretzel for a few days afterward.  The other movements are great for the core and shoulders, which are also in need of some "different" attention right now.  That's it for today!


No comments: