Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Recovery Day

Not much doing here this morning except a little Intu-Flow Beginner Routine and a little "tennis ball therapy".

Yesterday's 10 minute Jerk set exhausted me.  My own fault, I didn't eat nearly enough yesterday to compensate.  This morning I awoke to a pretty tight lower back and some sore forearms.  There are still traces of fatigue in my shoulder girdle and I'm sure as the day goes on I'll notice other places as well.

But the best part is that my back does not have me screaming in pain this morning.  It tightened up pretty good across my lower back and particularly at the injured site, which is where the tennis ball therapy came in.  I have only flipped through a few pages of my newest purchase, Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Claire Davies.  On order is the Thera Cane, but in the meantime tennis balls work pretty well at hitting the "knots" in the muscle.  And like I said, I still have to read the book so I might not even be performing this correctly, but however it seems to be helping.

I'm just about finished reading the first half of Muscular Retraining for Pain-Free Living.  It's only in the second half that the exercises are introduced, so that will be starting shortly as well.  But from everything else, so far so good.

Tomorrow I would like to introduce the 16kg back into my regular training.  Stay posted.

No comments: