Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Frustrating Jerk Session

First today's session...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 4-1/2 minutes - total of 29 jerks

Snatch: 20kg - 2 minutes @ 16 rpm

One Arm Jerk: 28kg - 8L/8R

Swing: 28kg - 10L/10R

In all it doesn't look like too bad a session. The set of Jerks started out feeling REALLY good. My rack felt uncommonly comfortable. I started out at a 7 rpm pace. I was able to regulate my breathing well. And three minutes in I felt like I could easily go another three minutes. But as the fourth minute approached, I found that my elbows didn't want to stay on my hips, but were sliding outward and I was having a hard time keeping them in. From this, the rest of the set deteriorated. I was only able to squeeze out a few more reps before the fatigue caught up with me.

I came into today's session not feeling my usual 100%. I had decided to treat myself to a muffin this morning for breakfast, and it apparently didn't sit well with me. I guess when one's body is used to eating cleanly, something not-so-healthy can really throw you off balance. No more muffins for me on workout days! On top of it I could feel some residual fatigue from yesterday's long Long Cycle set. That's why I stopped my Snatch set early. At that point I felt like I was running on empty.

But at least I finished strong. My One Arm Jerks felt good as did my Swings. Tomorrow is absolutely going to be a rest day. Friday, look out!

1 comment:

hunashaman said...

Hey man! That is not so bad, but I know what you mean when it comes to putting "bad" fuel into your body. I'm very sensitive to anything not natural. I guess it is something like putting petrol into a diesel car. My only advice for you at this moment is...DON'T eat the muffins!