Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF

Unhappy with my performance on Wednesday, there was no way that I wasn't going to hit five minutes today with my Jerks. One of us was going down. And it wasn't going to be me. Here's today session...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 5 minutes - 28 jerks in total

Snatch: 20kg - 4 minutes @ 16 rpm

OAJ: 28kg - 8L/8R

I am semi-pleased with today's results. I hit my 5-minute goal for Jerks. I didn't wet my shirt. I didn't chalk my elbows. But I did concentrate on my rack and each individual rep more. I tried to come down into my rack with my arms closer together. And I did try to slightly rotate my hands out when in the rack to get better leverage on the bells. And I won't say it was easy. But it was an improvement and I'm happy with it.

My left hand fatigued out on me during the Snatch, otherwise I was going to shoot for a six minute set. Right hand held up well.

Training adjustments... for the next two weeks I am going to split up my sessions. Day 1 will be Jerks and Day 2 will be Snatches. I want to put some time in to each without the other affecting my performance. After two weeks, I'll reassess and decide whether to continue that way or combine both lifts into one workout again.

That's it for the week. Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

hunashaman said...

Nice work buddy. It's good to see the continuous discipline and determination - in particular after your frustrating session the day before. I think splitting the jerk and snatch days is a good idea at this point in time. You can train "cleanly" rather than allowing any cross fatigue to set in. Looking forward to following your GS adventures next week.