Monday, April 20, 2009

Taper's Over and 2 New PRs

Well we enjoyed a beautiful Spring weekend here in NY. Saturday felt a bit more like summer. On Saturday, I practiced Intu-Flow and yesterday another run through Ageless Mobility.

Today was my first day back working with the 20kg's after last weeks tapering. And what do you know, I hit two new PRs today. Here's the session...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 4 minutes @ 8 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 5 minutes @ 16 rpm

One Arm Jerk: 28kg - 5L/5R

Swing: 28kg - 8L/8R

Both Jerk and Snatch today are a PR for the number of reps. I have done a 6 minute Snatch set already but the pace was slower. Today was tough as my forearms were pretty pumped following the Jerk set and I only had about 5 minutes of rest in between sets.

On a negative note, my QL is acting up on me again. So I am going to have to get a bit aggressive trying to deal with it. Hopefully it won't get in the way of my forward progress. That's it for today!

No comments: