Monday, April 27, 2009

Is It Monday Already?

After a very busy and exhausting weekend, I was not especially looking forward to today's workout. We had a very hot weekend here in NY. The temperature hit about 92 degrees F on Saturday and was just about the same yesterday. I spent about 5 hours painting one of the rooms in my house yesterday morning and followed that up with a trip to the park with my son. I figured today's session was either going to feel really easy or incredibly hard.

Turns out it was neither. But a good session none the less. Today was the first day I used a spray bottle to wet my shirt for my Jerks. And it was also the first day where I started to split up my Jerk and Snatch workouts. Here's how it went down...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 5 minutes - 31 reps total

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 2 minutes @ 8 rpm

Swing: 28kg - 15L/15R

Turns out I was pleasantly surprised at the difference wetting one's shirt makes. No more sliding elbows! This will be a mainstay. I now need to focus on my breathing during my Jerks. Up until now I hadn't concentrated on it too much, but from some recent posts on the AKC Forum, it sounds like I should be inhaling on the first dip and jerk and I have been doing the opposite.

This was my main focus today and it's going to need a lot more work. It didn't feel natural at all. But I can same the same for when I first adjusted my Snatch technique. That's it for today!

No comments: