Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Grind It Out

I was this close to skipping my workout today. I woke up tired with some sore forearms. Regardless I packed my workout bag and threw it into the car, just in case.

By the time my lunch hour rolled around I was back in the mood for a quick session. Tomorrow is definitely a joint mobility-only day.

Here's the low down...

Jerk: 2 x 20kg - 4 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch: 20kg - 3 minutes @ 16 rpm

Swing: 28kg - 10L/10R

What can I say, Jerks suck. =)
These are just hard and not a lot of fun. But you gotta do them. The 4 minutes is starting to become a bit more bearable, so that's a good sign.

Snatches felt good today. It was a shorter set, with a faster pace and I was able to keep pretty good form throughout.

Swings felt good. I like working with the 'pumpkin' but am looking forward to introducing the 'cherry' into my training.

That's it and that's all!

No comments: