Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Taper Week Begins

Crazy as it sounds, I woke up today still sore from my yoga work on Sunday. Nonetheless, after hitting two PRs last week, I decided it was time for a taper week. To taper you've got two options, you can maintain weight and reduce volume or drop weight and maintain volume. I decided to do the latter. So this week I'll be working with the 16kg bells.

Here's what today's session looked like...

Jerk: 2 x 16kg - 4 minutes @ 8 rpm

Snatch: 16kg - 4 minutes @ 16 rpm

One Arm Long Cycle: 16kg - 4 minutes @ 10 rpm

Jerks felt good. I tried to focus getting as close to lockout with my knees as possible. Since the bells are a bit lighter it was easier for me to stay in the rack during this time, I'll continue to focus on this this week.

Snatches felt good and relatively easy. I'll probably stretch it tomorrow. My back is pretty tight, so that's going to be a factor I'm going to have to overcome within the next few days.

Long Cycle, was what can I say, Long Cycle. There's nothing to finish you off than Long Cycle.

That's it for today! Jerk 'em up y'all!

No comments: