Sunday, March 22, 2009

Instruction & Light Workout

A friend of mine came over today and I introduced him to the bells.

We went over Swings, Cleans, Presses, Push Presses and Long Cycle Push Press and Windmills.

At the end of the instruction portion of the session we went through a Level 1 Fitness workout each using the 16kg bell, that looked like this...

Push Press: 16kg - 2 minutes

Clean: 16kg - 2 minutes

1-Arm Long Cycle Push Press - 2 minutes

We allowed ourselves 2 minutes of rest in between sets. Our focus was on the quality of our movements so reps weren't counted. I did notice during my Cleans that my pace was really fast. I was blowing through the 16 rpm limit very easily. But like I said, I wasn't too concerned with rep count. I felt good so I kept up the pace.

I have to say I was impressed with Joey's conditioning. For someone picking up the bells for the first time and getting through the 6 minutes of workout that we did with a 16kg bell (after all the prior practice work) he did amazingly well. Great job, Joey!!

No comments: