Thursday, March 19, 2009

What a Difference a Few Days Can Make

I don't know what, if I've done anything differently the last few days, except maybe get frustrated with myself, but today's work with the 16's seemed like a vast improvement over the last outing. I felt like I was able to get deeper into my rack on my Jerks and although I didn't rest as long as I should have in between, I was able to hit the time and pace I was shooting for on my Snatches. Here's what it looked like...

Warmed up with some Spinal Rocks

OAJ 16kg - 5L/5R (part of the warmup, just 5 reps each side trying to deepen my C-curve)

Jerk: 2 x 16kg - 5 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch: 16kg - 6 minutes @ 16 rpm

OAJ: 28kg - 5L/5R (as a finisher for good measure, held each overhead for about 3 seconds)

Cooled down with Plow Pose

Like I said, I didn't rest much in between the Jerks and Snatches (less than 5 minutes) and I could feel it. But once I started the set there was no turning back. That's it for today. Tomorrow I plan to play with the 20kg. Jerk 'em up y'all!

1 comment:

hunashaman said...

Nice work today buddy. Both the double work and snatches seem to be moving along nicely. Perhaps the frustration of the last few days was exactly what you needed to push ahead.