Friday, December 7, 2007

Fender Bender

Ouch! Got rear ended this morning on 95 North. Car in front of me slammed on their brakes. I slammed on mine. Stopped just in time. Looked in rear view mirror... uh oh, this isn't going to be good. BAM! pause... BAM! I got hit from behind then bounced forward into the car in front of me.

We all pulled off to the side. Took me a few seconds to catch my breath and let my adrenaline level come down. Everyone got out of their cars, all were ok. Car in front of me, no damage. Car behind me, front hood, bumper and one head light smashed in. My Civic, rear bumper somewhat dented, but not enough to worry about on a '99 model. Front of my car, nothing noticeable.

I'll carefully try to stretch out my back and neck today. I don't expect any problems beyond maybe some tightness. We shall see. Glad I worked out this morning, so that I was already warmed up and loose when struck.

Just another morning in NY.

2 comments:

fawn said...

I got rear ended a few months ago too... only I had a Kettlebell in the back seat. Oops! Now I keep the KB's in the trunk!

Howie B said...

Hi Fawn, as fate would have it, I almost had my 16kg in the car as well, but decided not to bring it in to work with me yesterday. A coworker was interested in seeing a kb in person. Good thing I opted to leave it at home! I don't want to think what might have happened otherwise. Kinda like being inside a pinball machine with a really big pinball.