Saturday, December 8, 2007

Quick Swings

Did two sets of quick swings today, just to keep things loose and moving...

1-Hand Swings:
16kg - 1/2/3/4/5/4/3/2/1
24kg - 1/2/3/4/5/4/3/2/1

These were performed 1 rep left, 1 rep right, 2 reps left, 2 reps right, etc. non-stop up and down the pyramid. Therefore each set consisted of a total of 50 swings. I got the idea for this from the mentioned on the recent Power by Pavel email newsletter, "what 200 snatched can do for the relative beginner". Not too bad.

2 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

I'm kind of like a snatch person, and put swing as a supplement.
But to be honest one hand swing is much harder than snatch.

Challenge both swings and snatches, and decide which you like better.
And no, I won't urge you to make up a decision.

Howie B said...

Whew! I don't think I could pick one over the other just yet, thanks. I still feel like I'm experimenting in new waters. You think one hand swings are harder than snatches? Maybe time will tell...